Transmaxx, LLC (“Transmaxx”) is dedicated to offering quality products to its customers and provides a limited warranty on virtually all products sold. The length and extent of coverage of the warranty is specific to the type of product involved. Products that do not carry warranties include used parts and electrical products (e.g., solenoids, switches). For those products covered under warranty, Transmaxx warrants the product to be free of defects of materials or workmanship for the specific time mentioned below. For products with a confirmed defect, Transmaxx, at its option, will either provide a replacement for the defective product at no cost or offer a credit in the amount of the original purchase. Transmaxx reserves the right to inspect any product to confirm that it is defective.
The warranty does not cover defects due to the improper installation of the product or products damaged due to misuse, alteration, accident, or lack of maintenance.
In addition, the warranty expressly excludes:
- Labor costs relating to the removal of the defective product or the installation of a replacement product (with exception of remanufactured automatic transmissions as set forth below);
- Costs relating to the transportation or towing of any vehicle; or
- Incidental or consequential damages or loss profits.
Any manufacturer, third-party, or extended warranties should be handled directly through the party offering the warranty.
Specific terms of the warranty by product type are as follows:
- New products – 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) from original date of purchase.
- Remanufactured torque converters – lifetime/unlimited mile warranty. Warranty is only valid for current vehicle owner and is non-transferable.
- Remanufactured automatic transmissions – Subject to the additional provisions set forth below, Transmaxx will honor the manufacturer’s warranty on sale of remanufactured transmissions. Specific warranty policy by manufacturer is as follows:
- Certified Transmission – Standard warranty period is 18 months or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first) from original date of purchase. If a transmission is deemed a failure caused by parts and/or workmanship, full credit for unit, core, fluid, and labor at $70/hr. calculated in accordance with Mitchell Online rates will be issued.
- H&A Transmission – Standard warranty period is 18 months or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first) from original date of purchase. If a transmission is deemed a failure caused by parts and/or workmanship, full credit of unit, core, fluid, and labor at $50/hr. calculated in accordance with Honda labor rates will be issued.
- Used parts and electrical products – No warranty. All products are sold AS IS.
Other Terms, Conditions and Limitations
The foregoing is the only warranty Transmaxx provides. No one is authorized to make any additional representations or warranties or to incur any other obligation or liability on the part of Transmaxx or the manufacturer in connection with any product. TRANSMAXX HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, NOR ANY AFFIRMATION OF FACT OR PROMISE IS MADE BY TRANSMAXX WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRANSMAXX BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES, LOST PROFITS, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING FROM THE SALE, HANDLING OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS, OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE RELATING THERETO, OR FROM ANY SERVICES PROVIDED (OR NOT PROVIDED) BY TRANSMAXX, AND TRANSMAXX’S LIABILITY IN ANY CASE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT (IN THE FORM ORIGINALLY SHIPPED) OF PRODUCTS NOT COMPLYING WITH THE WARRANTY OR, AT TRANSMAXX’S ELECTION, TO CREDITING PURCHASER WITH AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF SUCH PRODUCTS, WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
Some states do not allow limitations on length of an implied warranty, and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may or may not apply.
Additional Provisions Applicable to the Warranty for Remanufactured Automatic Transmissions
The warranty for remanufactured automatic transmissions is solely and exclusively for the specific unit installed in the vehicle and is transferable from the original retail purchaser to legitimate subsequent owner(s) of the vehicle residing and operating such vehicle within the 48 contiguous states of the continental United States. The warranty period and mileage limitation begins from the date and mileage of the original installation. Repair, replacement or transfer does not extend the warranty beyond the original period. The warranty includes fluid reimbursement.
Transmaxx will repair, replace or refund the original purchase price of the Unit, at its sole option and discretion, if the Unit is determined to be defective in design, materials or workmanship during the warranty period, subject to the following terms, conditions, and limitations:
- The warranty covers all eligible parts, fluid and labor at approved labor rates.
- The warranty does not cover failure due to improper installation or repair, unauthorized disassembly, abuse, misuse, contamination, modification of Unit and/or vehicle (beyond original design limits), lack of proper maintenance, neglect, accident, vandalism, overheating, use of vehicle in competition, racing events, off-road, commercial, fleet or business purposes or other than originally intended or authorized, or any other condition other than a defect in design, materials or workmanship.
- In order to for the warranty to apply, the Unit must undergo an initial check-up by a designated installer within fifteen (15) days after initial installation.
- The warranty does not cover parts or components that are replaced as part of normal maintenance, cosmetic changes or parts or components related to, but not part of, the Unit (including damage to the Unit that may be caused by those related parts or components).
- To the extent allowed by law, damages are limited to the repair or replacement of the defective unit or, at Transmaxx’s option, the return of original purchase price. LOSS OF TIME OR INCOME, INCONVENIENCE, COST TO RETURN THE VEHICLE/TRANSMISSION TO THE DESIGNATED INSTALLER, TOWING, STORAGE, LOSS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE, RENTAL, FUEL, TELEPHONE, TRAVEL, MEALS OR LODGING, COMMERCIAL LOSS, INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, DAMAGES TO OTHER RELATED/UNRELATED PARTS, AND INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, LIQUIDATED AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE NOT COVERED BY AND ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. TRANSMAXX’S LIABILITY IN ANY CASE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT (IN THE FORM ORIGINALLY SHIPPED) OF PRODUCTS NOT COMPLYING WITH THE WARRANTY OR, AT TRANSMAXX’S ELECTION, TO CREDITING PURCHASER WITH AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF SUCH PRODUCTS, WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.