Monte Ahuja is the Chairman of the Board of Transmaxx. He is the founding entrepreneur and former Chairman and CEO of Transtar Industries. Monte grew Transtar from a two person start-up in 1975 to the largest distributor of transmission parts in the world, earning dozens of awards for outstanding growth and community involvement.
Monte is also Chairman and CEO of MURA Holdings, LLC, a private investment company. He is a board member of University Hospitals System of Cleveland and BioEnterprise. He was previously a board member of The Cleveland Orchestra, Greater Cleveland Partnership, The National Conference, World Trade Center Advisory Council and the Ohio Export Promotion and Trade Council.
Monte received his undergraduate degree in Engineering from The Ohio State University and MBA from Cleveland State University. He is the recipient of numerous awards including:
- Distinguished Alumni Award from Cleveland State University
- George Dively Award from Harvard University Business School
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- International Executive of the Year Award by the World Trade Center of Cleveland
- Distinguished Alumni Award from The Ohio State University
- Northeast Ohio Business Hall of Fame Inductee
In addition to pursuing philanthropic and civic interests, Monte is an avid golfer and enjoys traveling and spending time with his family.